Saturday, April 12, 2008

What's Going On

So despite the dearth of posts on this supposed log of my crafting adventures, a fair amount of crafting has actually been going on.

Evidence #1: Baby Thorpe Hat

Thorpe 003

This knit is not technically done because I can't decide if I want to add the braids at the end of the ear flaps or not. Here are a few examples with the braids. But it looks kind of cool without. Since this hat is intended for a baby, will the braid be a safety problem? What do you think?

Evidence #2: Birthday Tote Bag

Bday Tote Bag Mosaic

It is my first sewing project in a long time and OMG! I love sewing! I'm going to have to incorporate more of it into my crafting time. Sewing is near-instant gratification compared to knitting.

I spent a few hours on my birthday to indulge in making this project and it was pure bliss. The fabric is from Purl Warehouse, purchased during this blog buddy visit, and the pattern is adapted from this tutorial. Nothing but good things to say about this finished object. I've been using the bag everyday and it makes me proud and happy every time I pick it up. If that is not the point of crafting, then I don't know what is.

Evidence #3: My Current Work in Progress...The Flutter Sleeve Cardigan

FlutterSleeve 001

Smooth sailing so far. I am determined to finish this before starting another project, so thank goodness it only has three pieces!

So let me know what you think about the braids on my Baby Thorpe Hat. Otherwise I'll be forced to flip a coin! Decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there Mrs. Hipp. I think that the braids would probably not be a safety hazard, but they might just get really gross with baby drool and other baby realities. I vote for without. Hope you're well! I miss you! -Shannon