Sunday, March 25, 2007

We've Only Just Begun

From Wendee on the "Babies Babies Everywhere" post:

I hear that we are having one of the biggest baby booms since, well, the baby boom.

That certainly seems to be the case for people around me. I know five expectant mothers right now, one with twins! Look at what arrived in yesterday's mail...


It's time to start another baby knit! Now, if I were a savvy knitter, I would start on each baby knit when I learn of each pregnancy rather than when I learn of each baby shower. That would be quite smart and organized of me. That would also make Mr. Hipp cry out, "Who are you and what have you done with my wife!?!" Savvy, smart, and organized aren't words that are often applied to me...at least not the knitter in me. (I try to bring a bit of savvy, smarts, and organization to at least my work life...I think that about exhausts my supplies, though!)

So in an effort to be a bit more on the ball, I have started this baby knit ASAP. Always the rebel, I cast on for
a non-beaded, non-fair isle, version of Debbie Bliss' Beaded Fair Isle Shoes.


These are coming along swimmingly so far. They are knit more or less flat and have a seam along the bottom of the sole and up the back of the heel; it seems odd to have this sort of construction when it could just be made in the round. Good thing babies aged 3-6 months don't do much walking or else that seam would get really uncomfortable really fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you clarified, you are certainly savvy, smart, and organized at work. I would say you are in your knitting as well - the balls and projects are smartly organized throughout the entire house!
Mr. Hipp