Wednesday, March 7, 2007

"American Idol", Eat Your Heart Out

Thanks again to all who voted on my Jaywalker poll. The results are in:

A whopping 12 votes were cast. I was quite impressed with this number. To be honest, I didn't think I would get even that many votes!

Then Mr. Hipp spilled the beans and told me that he voted four times, all for keeping on with the Jaywalkers as is. There is a saying in epidemiology: Garbage in, garbage out, meaning if the data you bring in is biased, invalid, unreliable, etc., then the results you get out of the data will be meaningless. Assuming no others cast multiple votes, I cleaned my data of Mr. Hipp's duplicate votes and came up with some adjusted results. The overall winner remains the same, but by a much narrower margin:

Onward with the Jaywalkers!

No comments: