Monday, January 22, 2007

The Bandwagon

Every sock knitter who has not knit a pair of Jaywalkers yet, please raise your hand.

Oh hey, I'm the only one with my hand in the air.

The niche of small and portable projects for knitting breaks at work was empty. (Yeah, I knit during my work breaks. Thank goodness for labor laws! Mandatory 15 minutes of knitting for ever four hours of work.) So, of course, socks came to mind. I've been periodically squeezing my yarn from Purl and daydreaming of the pretty socks that would emerge from them someday. Then I saw this finished pair and decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Call me unoriginal. Call me trendy. Call me a follower. Call me a copy cat. Whatever.


I think I am in love. Shhhh, don't tell Mr. Hipp. No wonder this pattern is so freakin' popular.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these socks would be nice on your true love's feet...

Christy said...

My hand'vs in the air too, but it's on my plans.

Ashley said...

Love the blue toe!

Peacock Chic said...

I like the blue toe too!! And I like the striping of the yarn. Great choices.

Also, welcome to the Jaywalkin' club!

Just a question, do you go to a knitting group. I love mine and just wanted to share that I think they are a great idea because you get to share knitting and ideas with others that understand. Knitaholics R Us asked me to come last year and I have been HOOKED ever since. I fact I am jonesing for my knitting meeting tomorrow.